For eight years, Mt. Pleasant collaborated with other area churches to send missionaries to Guayaquil, Ecuador for a week of powerful outreach and evangelism.
Guayaquil is the largest city in Ecuador, with a metropolitan area population topping 4 million. About 80 percent of Guayaquileños are Catholics. Also present are a number of Protestant organizations, including the Evangelical Church, which claims about 150,000 members.
Some of the activities our missionaries would perform:
- Conduct a medical/dental mission in the summer.
- Minister in the men’s and women’s prisons.
- Complete two children’s ministry centers.
- Have street ministry teams ministering in the downtown area of Guayaquil.
- Lead assemblies on high school, middle school and elementary school campuses.
- Conduct outreach events on the university campuses in partnership with on-campus ministries.
To read about our successful July 2012 mission trip, ion 2012: ‘Your “yes” may be something that frees someone else and is the answer to their prayer’" href="http://mtpleasantworship.com/2012/08/ecuador-2012-your-yes-may-be-something-that-frees-someone-else/">click this link.
ECUADOR GALLERY (view more photos on MPWOC’s Flickr site)