From Apostle Walker:
I would like to schedule a 7-Day Corporate Fast beginning January 20, 2016 (Trump Inauguration Day) until January 26, 2016. The fast details are as follows:
- 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. — Normal fast (Water only)
- 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. — Daniel Fast (see below)
As always, if you have any medical issues, please make whatever adjustments necessary to maintain good health and wellness.
This is going to be a very interesting year as we begin a Trump presidency. I want to start the year off fasting on this date.The first part of the year needs to set the spiritual tone for the rest of the year.
We will be fasting for the following:
- That God gives us powerful and personal change this year (inward and upward cultural shifting).
- That the Lord will make us a family of missional disciples who make disciples (outward and onward evangelism).
Our Scripture for the fast will be Isaiah 54:1-4 (NIV):
1 “Sing, O barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband,” says the LORD. 2 “Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. 3 For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities.
Please read this passage daily and meditate on these Scriptures.Please also speak this Word in confession out loud daily as we fast and pray.
Thanks for your cooperation and sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
PRAYER: 6-6:30 a.m. every day of the fast:
Access #: 544756
- That God will give us powerful and personal change and balance us spiritually, economically, and relationally. We will be fasting that God strengthens our unity and deepens our love for each other and our community. The first three days will focus on the inward change necessary for 2017 ministry opportunity.
READ APOSTLE’S DAILY BLOGS, here.
ABOUT THE DANIEL FAST
The Daniel Fast is based on the fasting experiences of the prophet Daniel along with standard Jewish fasting principles. It is a partial fast, meaning that some foods are eaten and others are restricted.
Below is the list of what is allowed and what is not allowed during this fast. If you have specific health concerns, consult with a trusted health professional before beginning this fast.
Foods to include in your diet during the Daniel Fast
- All fruits. These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Fruits include but are not limited to apples, apricots, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, cantaloupe, cherries, cranberries, figs, grapefruit, grapes, guava, honeydew melon, kiwi, lemons, limes, mangoes, nectarines, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, prunes, raisins, raspberries, strawberries, tangelos, tangerines, watermelon.
- All vegetables. These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Vegetables include but are not limited to artichokes, asparagus, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chili peppers, collard greens, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, ginger root, kale, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, mustard greens, okra, onions, parsley, potatoes, radishes, rutabagas, scallions, spinach, sprouts, squashes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, turnips, watercress, yams, zucchini, veggie burgers are an option if you are not allergic to soy.
- All whole grains, including but not limited to whole wheat, brown rice, millet, quinoa, oats, barley, grits, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat tortillas, rice cakes and popcorn.
- All nuts and seeds, including but not limited to sunflower seeds, cashews, peanuts, sesame. Also nut butters including peanut butter.
- All legumes. These can be canned or dried. Legumes include but are not limited to dried beans, pinto beans, split peas, lentils, black eyed peas, kidney beans, black beans, cannellini beans, white beans.
- All quality oils, including but not limited to olive, canola, grape seed, peanut, and sesame.
- Beverages: spring water, distilled water or other pure waters.
- Other: tofu, soy products, vinegar, seasonings, salt, herbs and spices.
Foods to avoid on the Daniel Fast
- All meat and animal products including but not limited to beef, lamb, pork, poultry, and fish.
- All dairy products including but not limited to milk, cheese, cream, butter, and eggs.
- All sweeteners, including but not limited to sugar, raw sugar, honey, syrups, molasses, and cane juice.
- All leavened bread including Ezekiel Bread (it contains yeast and honey) and baked goods.
- All refined and processed food products including but not limited to artificial flavorings, food additives, chemicals, white rice, white flour, and foods that contain artificial preservatives.
- All deep fried foods including but not limited to potato chips, French fries, corn chips.
- All solid fats including shortening, margarine, lard and foods high in fat.
- Beverages including but not limited to coffee, tea, herbal teas, carbonated beverages, energy drinks, and alcohol.
Read labels carefully to avoid artificial and processed foods or chemicals.
Below is a PDF of the above list of foods that are allowed and foods to avoid. To download or print, click the >> arrows on the upper right.